Welcome to the Tygerberg Photographic Society Website
The Tygerberg Photographic Society (TPS) is based in Durbanville, Western Cape, South Africa.
The aim of the club is promote photography, by bringing together photographers who wish to express their love for photography by taking photographs and by showing, sharing, evaluating and discussing with friends who share the same interests – those willing to learn more about photography from experts willing to share their knowledge – and those willing to share their expertise with others willing to learn more about photography.
Monthly competition meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of every month, January to November at All Saints Anglican Church, Durbanville. (Off Durban Road, into Baxter Avenue.)
Winning Image – “Resting Place” by Sonja Grünbauer
From the desk of the Chairman
January was a rather busy month as we got up and running again after the festive season, and a warm welcome to everyone, and especially to our new members! We say “Hi” to Sonja Grünbauer, Ben Ter Huurne, Warwick Winterbach and Robert Maginley. Welcome to the TPS family!
I would like to thank the committee members for once again stepping up to the tasks at hand. Please note that we have made a change in the portfolios in an effort to streamline the areas of responsibility.
As we look ahead to the rest of our year together here at TPS, I would like to ask you to consider the following:
1. Commit to your own growth as a photographer
2. Commit to helping our club grow – both in size, but more importantly, as a family
3. Commit to assisting with tasks and duties as needed
4. Commit to making new members and visitors feel welcome and valued
5. Commit to attending presentations, workshops and outings arranged for your benefit
6. Commit to supporting the judges that offer up their time and personal opinions to help us grow
7. Commit to supporting your committee who volunteer their time and expertise to help manage our club
8. Commit to entering your best images, always
9. Commit to entering salons
10. Commit to helping TPS be the best club in the country
And I, and your committee, commit to helping you grow as both a photographer, and, as a very valued member of our club.
In conclusion, I would like to remind you that the Judging Short Course / Workshop – hosted by Jan Marais – takes place on Saturday, 8thFebruary 2020 and we aim to kick off at 9am.
The venue is at our club meeting place. Please do get in touch with either Joe Inns or Andre Stipp if you have any questions regarding this.
See you next month!